Monday, December 04, 2006

It is amazing what a couple of days can do...

My last post was not very upbeat. I did not feel a sense of success with my child. My wife had been feeling overwhelmed and I was having trouble supporting her and the baby at night with all of the sleeplessness the baby has put us through...

Well it is amazing what a few well timed smiles will do for a person. My daughter clearly loves me, though I am still not the person she wants at the side of her crib at 3am. Several times this week, she has been annoyed at something, and then she will turn towards me and shoot me a smile that says "gosh I love you", as well as "look at how I have you both wrapped around my finger".

She is developing a personality very quickly, and she is definitely a force of nature. We have been rejoicing about our easy-going baby, but she will peel the paint with her yelling if she feels irritated.

So the story continues, and I learn new things every day!

No comments: