Friday, January 12, 2007

I was reading my wifes blog, and I have realised that I like reading her blog more than I like wrinting in my own. She has a way of elevating the mundane to take on a charming story character. (If that last sentence seems oddly phrased it is due to a lack of vocabulary on my part today...) If you can look up blancodesinki on blogspot I think you will agree with me.

I began this blog out of my frustration with the political situation of 2006. It seems that the tide has turned, and that the citizenry has spoken and that the office of the President will be held more to account. So I will try to turn to topics more in line with my key statement above. I have been out of the loop on concert and sound production for coming up on two years now. My topics now are my baby daughter, my wife, and work for a non profit business.

My last big production was a Sugarland concert, right as they were taking off. They were a fun group with terrible management, who knew they had a goldmine to work with, but did not know how to support a large star attraction. Since I have not heard much from Sugarland lately, my guess is they are still trying to keep them marketed out of Nashville. Good luck guys, hope you take a call from Hollywood and switch managers soon!

I am more currently lending my talent for crafts to bookcases in stead of speaker boxes. I told my wife that I would make a set of book cases for Christmas for her, and I am not quite done. They will truly be beautiful when finished, so the wait is worth it.

I am back to yearning to have a large garage space to woodwork in. I have so many little glitches and quality controll issues that would benefit from a little more elbow room and the ability to better control dust during finishing. I may try to include some pictures as I put the book cases together, I have not tried to include these yet though my wife does regularly in her blog.

It might be fun to show what I am doing in about 15 square feet of space! (more later on that)

1 comment:

apt said...

I love the metaphor of working with 15 square feet and what can be done in that.
Nice post. You're getting closer to your nougat. Let me know how I can help. When the bookcases are done, I'll help with the kitchen cabinets. More garage space then, right?