Monday, September 11, 2006

I have never had the impulse to blog. I have heeded the warnings that putting things online may result in unintended consequences. So, I will start with a short disclaimer. In the distant future, when I run for Congress or Chairman of the Board, someone may snoop this blog to find out if I have any ideas to exploit... I will say at the start that my opinions change as I grow both in spirit and in knowledge. What I may post here are my thoughts at the time of writing, this may not hold true as I continue in my education, but I will try and keep you abreast of my growth. That being said, I am not much of a flip-flopper, and my thoughts have some reason for being.

I do not know if there is a significance in beginning my blog journey on September 11th, five years after THE September 11th, but I know that there is a lot in my head this fall, and I feel the need to react to the world in a public way. PLease let me know your thoughts as you read these words dear reader, and let me know if I am making sense, or just blithering...

Tomorrow, my mother goes in for Surgery on her aortic anyerism, I will explore my feelings throughout the week. Today I am just numb with an overwhelming work-load, and the quiet hope that tomorrow does not end my 38 year relationship with my mother. Facing mortality is a heavy load with a newborn at home and a new marriage that needs my full attention. And to be completely dramatic, the world needs saving as well, and I need to determine my role in its salvation...

No comments: