Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wow, I didn't realize that the commitment to speak would be such a guilt-inducing pastime. It has been almost a week, and no second blog from me. The hard part is coming up with a coherent storyline. I could speak for hours on any number of subjects, but they would seem very stream of conciousnees to most people. Having lots of opinions and the will to write, means to me, that I owe it to my readers (assuming that I gain some) to be concise and have a reason for writing. If not, then all I am doing is rehashing what spins around in my brain all day. And I feel no need to do that. So, to the point here is a very short synopsys of the topics that are floating around in my head this fall of 2006:
1. The political arena:
I have increasingly felt that I need to involve myself in the process of governing society, I see many things happening that distress me
and I feel that we need to set a new course in how we as Michiganders, and as Americans relate to the rest of humanity.
2. My personal situation:
I have spoken with my wife AMY, and agreed that certain parts of our relationship are off limits here in the vast ether. But I do
have certain universal moments to explore
3. The nature of religion.
As a modern man, I have conflicting feeling about the role that religion plays in society, and have not decided about how much to explore
these issues publicly... (wow lots of the big questions, how much do we show our personal cards. Perhaps its own subject.)
4. My daughter WILLA, and how much love is possible from a father:
Limitless so far...
5. Excercise and the need for me to pursue.
6. Mortality:
My facing of my mothers recent bypass surgery, and facing mortality as well as my potential legacy***
I put a star there as this is a promising topic!
7. The dogs- Arlo and Greta:
Misadventures of practice fatherhood
8. SEX!
I might share some juicy stuff that is stuck in my head.
9. The amazing cost of living as an adult.
I am guessing that America is closer to bankruptcy that anyone will ever publicly admit.
10. My Job:
At the risk of pulling back the curtain....

OK there is a top ten, time to put some organisation into this thought process, and see where the road takes us!

No comments: