Monday, December 10, 2007

The soundguy is sick (.com)

I have been sick all fall. Not Kidding. I started out with an ear infection in November. Had a course of antibiotics, but never felt the ear pressure completely go away. A Couple of Days later my throat was swelling up and I saw the doctor for an unrelated ailment. he told me that he did not want me to do another course of antibiotics, and he did not see any redness in the ear. I went home and by Friday night my throat hurt like hell. This was Friday a week ago. I went back into the doctor on Monday, he put me on a prescription decongestant, and sent me on my way after taking a chunk of my skin for biopsy (more on that later). The decongestant has been opening my sinus for a week now, but since Thursday, I have had no voice as my throat continues to drain and I get to spit green monsters. Last night as I coughed out a bunch of grossness, IO did not sleep, and also kept my wife up with my hacking. I guess with all the technology, sometimes ya just gotta be sick and let it happen. Hope you all have a illness free holiday season and get to kiss many germ-free relatives!

OK the skin thing, Amy has always hated this little bump on my head above my ear. It gets scratched and bleeds occasionally. I always thought it was a birthmark. After having her repeatedly ask me to get it checked out, and once having a doctor tell me it was nothing, my doctor took a look at it and said, "OK it looks a little weird". He told me it was not a birthmark, but could be either a little pre-melanoma, or a small collection of blood vessels. He decided to do what is called a shave biopsy. Basically he numbed it up and sliced it off my head quickly, painlessly, with little blood. Now I have a little scab, and a collection of small blood vessels in a jar on a shelf in some lab. Glad to be cancer free, and Amy is glad to be able to run her nails across my scalp sans bump. Thanks Doc, I alway seem to be having little odd procedures which he cheerfully does for me without complaint. Here is my shout out for the day. If you can get in to see Dr Durfee at advantage health, he is a great doctor, who goes above and beyond to know a patient, and understand lifestyle, and how it affects health. Go see Dr Durfee if he is still taking new patients...

2 comments:

apt said...

This post, and a coffee and orange makes a great breakfast. Ewwww....
Hope you're feeling better. Soon.

Christina said...

I hope you're feeling better too! Gross about that bump but glad you took care of it before it developed into something worse!!!