Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Striking while the iron is hot...

In the above interest I will get away from the big project of history and talk about the daily moments today. I feel like writing today and who knows how long that can last. Interested readers of this space (yes I delude myself), will note that sometimes I write more than others. As my days get filled up, I guess there is less urge to take time and reflect. Is that not the case for us all?

Anyway, even thought the days are extremely full right now, I want to try and document the little things that go through my head, so that perhaps in time, I can go back and tell my daughter and others, why I made the choices I did.

Most of my choices come from a pretty reasonable set of human goodwill choices given to me by my mostly good intending catholic parents. I learned early to not quit, be good, treat each other the way you would want to be treated. I might be idealistic. but this is how I view the world, and try to view others actions in this framework. That being said, people do dumb things, and my overinflated sense of justice comes flaming out and I try to help, even when not entirely prudent. In a flash of insight, I just realized that I would enjoy being a judge, or an official at a game. Though I am not at all an administrator, I don't enjoy bringing rules violations to authorities attention. With all of that now on the screen, woe to you if you cut me off on the highway. For some reason I just want to get in front of you and slam on my brakes, sorry world, many of you drive in an entirely unacceptable way.

Anyhow, except for that diversion into road rage, things are truly quiet this week. I have been home with the loves of my life, and trying to get the usual shopping for the holidays and birthdays done. I don't know where my evenings have been going, but it feels like I get home, eat, and then suddenly I am nodding off next to my wife in bed. The days fly past, and when i come out of my fog, I see my daughter growing up, learnig new words and songs, and I wonder how so much time has past since standing next to my wife and saying "I do". I love me life, and look forward to our family growing again, and getting the kitchen remodeled,, and cleaning up my office at home and garage. As I write this I realize that nothing about work enters into this story... HMMM... Considering that i spend hours obsessing about my work, it sure does not figure loudly into my future vision. Note to self, need to win the lotto this week...

1 comment:

apt said...

Dear world, please drive better, so the upholstery on the passenger's side of his car stops getting torn up from my anxious fingers.